Many of the most talented artists, inventors and entrepreneurs struggle to re-create real-world objects with three-dimensional designs. For many professionals and hobbyists, fighting a drying or photograph delivers a sufficient idea of the concept being conveyed. But for those who develop innovative products that need to be held, viewed and touched by clients or customers, there is no substitute for a prototype.
It makes all the difference when making a presentation or conveying an idea. It provides a way for the client to make an emotional connection to your proposal while visualizing the illusion your painting as reality. An illustration on paper, no matter how detailed, simply cannot compete.
The problem that stands in the way for most people is the time and cost it takes to make rapid prototypes by hand or using machines. Not only can the timeline extend for a span of years, the cost can reach several hundred thousand dollars. But then, DIY 3D printers arrived, operating similar to inkjets but building up 3D models layer by layer. Even better, prototypes can be produced 10 times faster and at a fifth of the cost them before.
Top 9 Best 3D Pritners
- Notice - Amazon is the only authorized seller of Robo 3D items on Amazon.com. Items purchased from other third parties may not be factory new and subject to voided warranties. Print technology : Fused Filament Fabrication
- The improved R1+ includes all new linear motion and lead screws for better quality, performance, and consistency. This includes a better filament feeding system for ease of use and a "quick release" for fast change out of the extruder. Additional components for leveling, guidance, and performance of the R1+ make it the best option for desktop 3D Printing today.
- 24/7 Robo Support - ROBO 3D is now offering 24/7 phone support to make sure our customers are taken care of at all times, including the ability to schedule a 1-on-1 repair session with a technician via Skype video.
- Big Build Volume - Fabricates parts up to 10 x 9 x 8 inches (D x W x H) in size or 720 cubic inches in volume. Print bigger and better with one of the biggest build volumes for the price.
- Plug & Print - The R1+ ships fully assembled and calibrated so you can start printing right away. It also comes fully equipped with an SD card to allow you to print directly from an SD card so you no longer need to always be plugged into your printer via USB.
- 3D printing has never been easier than with the reliable, easy-to-use, smart, and award-winning Robo R2 3D printer
- Print BIGGER and BETTER 3D prints than ever before with our 8" x 8" x 10" (197 x 197 x 254 mm) build volume - 25% larger than the average 3D printers in it's class. With a print range from 300-20 micron in layer height, the Robo R2 is best in class in print quality
- Print 3D models (.stl format) directly to your 3D printer with our innovative on-board slicing on our 5" color touch screen. You can also store up to 500 3D models with 4gb of storage as well as start/stop/monitor your print jobs all from your R2 touch screen
- Wi-Fi Connectivity - download the Robo app (iOS available now - Android coming soon), connect your Robo R2, and print directly to your 3D printer with your phone or tablet. Save all your models in your google drive or dropbox, access them within the app, and send the models to your Robo R2 while enjoying features like automatic leveling on our removable, heated, buildtak platform
- Open source filament system means you can use the Robo R2 to print with 30+ materials from a variety of vendors - and with filament run-out detection, your print jobs will never fail due to material running out. The Robo R2 will automatically notify you, save your 3D print, and resume when you're ready with a fresh roll..Print speed:Up to 16 mm3/s
- Elegantly Simple - Easy setup allows you to begin 3D printing within 20 minutes
- WiFi Enabled - Print wirelessly from your computer, tablet, or smartphone
- High Quality Reliability - Expect a higher print success rate and resolutions as fine as 50 microns
- Eco-Friendly PLA - Print with high quality, eco-friendly PLA filament in an array of vibrant colors
- Unlimited Support - Experience unlimited phone, email, and chat support for the life of your MOD-t
- Fdm technology; dual Extruder; obtained CE,FCC, RoHS certificates; qidi technology is registered trademark by edify technology Inc
- Aviation level aluminum plate its surface is completely flat and will NOT warp during heating process
- Easy to Use software for simple customization of 3D models
- Fully metal external frame much more stronger than PVC plate and wooden frame.New high heat resistant metal platform supports replace plastic supports
- Support Software:QIDI Print,Replicator G,Compatible with Simplify 3D
- All LulzBot products use Free Software and are Open Source Hardware. This means your LulzBot Mini uses proven technology developed collaboratively. It also means you are free to adopt the latest and greatest technology being developed across the 3D printing industry, from new software packages to experimental materials.
- The LulzBot Mini brings high performance hardware to your desktop, and makes 3D printing easier and more reliable than ever. Enjoy tons of new ease-of-use features including auto-bed leveling, auto-nozzle cleaning, an easy carry handle, new software, and a low maintenance print surface.
- Capable Materials: ABS, PLA, HIPS, PVA, wood filled filaments, Polyester (Tritan), PETT, bronze and copper filled filaments, Polycarbonate, Nylon, PETG, conductive PLA and ABS, UV luminescent filaments, PCTPE, PC-ABS, and more every day
- Multi-Software Compatible: Freedom to use any number of 3D printing software programs, Cura LulzBot Edition comes standard. Other compatible software includes OctoPrint, BotQueue, Slic3r, Printrun, MatterControl, and many more.
- Print Area: 152mm x 152mm x 158mm (6in x 6in x 6.2in). Comes with 1 year of customer support, 1 year warranty, and active user forum community
- JGAURORA 3d Printer Kit A3S, Metal frame, sturdy structure, 3d printer beginners' choice
- FLSUN Delta 3d printer kits include:
√ The heated bed
√ Double fan for Effector
√ Double fan cooling system for board
√ SD card including instruction files and software
√ LCD Display
√ Tools & Filaments &Masking tape
- Complete kit with sample PLA filament, bed scraper, and MicroSD card with preloaded model files. Micro USB and MicroSD card connectivity. PC and Mac compatible. Compatible with Cura, Repetier, and other software
- Aluminum alloy frame construction meeting European design standards, together with High quality of the nuzzle and heated bed, Double fan cooling system with better printing quality,making the printing process stable and accurate
- Truly desktop level affordable 3d printer product,open frame design, this 3D printer is compact enough for any desk, Committed to manufacture the product easy to use, economical and convenient
- FLSUN Quality Assurance/Technical Assistance:email directly or Skype(FLSUN_Joseph) Sun through Fri 18pm-8am PST(time difference):
Customers will experience hands-on fun, we supply detailed instruction and videos in the sd card
But we can't make sure that customers won't meet any challenge during assembly, so please contact us
Any damage of parts can be repaced for free during 1st year
We can supply first printing online guidance if you need
- Free XYZmaker 3D design software, Free XYZware 3D printing software, Free XYZprinting STEAM 3D printing curriculum.
- Easy Z-offset calibration, adjust your print bed with ease on the LCD screen. No time consuming 3 knob calibration needed.
- The da Vinci Jr. series prints only with XYZprinting's bio-compostable, non-toxic PLA filament. The PLA filament derives from natural materials, such as sugarcane and corn starch, and has gone through various tests to ensure that it is DEHP-free and Heavy Metal-free.
- Build size of 5.9" x 5.9" x 5.9" and Print Speed Upgrade: Max print speed up to 100mm/second. (XYZware software must be version V184.108.40.206 or above)
- UL listed "for the purpose of classification or evaluation with respect to one or more of the following: (1) specific risks only, e.g., casualty, fire or shock, (2) performance under specified conditions, (3) regulatory codes, (4) other standards, including international standards, or (5) such other conditions as UL may consider desirable
9. Robo R1 Assembled DIY 3D Printer
This do-it-yourself DIY 3D Printer is an upgraded model. It features enhance quality, consistency and overall performance. The filament feeding system has been upgraded to that it is easier to use and features a “quick release” that allows for rapid change out of the extruder.
This model also features nine point leveling system that is reset every time it initiates a print. No more do you have to adjust or re-level the bed manually or worry about misalignments. This is a larger model, measuring 63% larger than comparable models in its class, The build space measures 720 cubic inches, and features heated borosilicate glass.
Installed is the Hexagon All Metal Hot End software which empowers you to print with virtually any material you can find. And since it goes as high as 290c, the options are truly unlimited. Additionally, the printer is accompanied by 3D printing software is compatible with any CAD program. That means you can re-create any object you can find in a CAD program by simply uploading them to print.
8. Robo R2 Smart Assembled DIY 3D Printer with WiFi
This large 3D printer, featuring a 8″ x 8″ x 10″ build volume, is also one of the fastest printers on the 3D market, with Prince beads reaching 250 mm per second. Not only does this printer have mobile and Wi-Fi connectivity, it features a 5 inch color touchscreen which makes digital control efficient and simple. You can use any iOS device, establish a connection, and print right from your smart phone.
Robo R2 features an automatic self-leveling print bed, ensuring it works precisely. It is also removable and is finished with a buildtak surface which prevent slippage. This DIY 3D printer is compatible with more than 30 different materials such as carbon, wood, fiber, PLA and even metal infused materials. With the purchased additional extrusion head, Robo R2 can also prints materials simultaneously. It has a resolution of up to 20 microns, which your prints can contain exquisite details that the printer will achieve accurately every time.
7. New Matter MOD-t WiFi Desktop DIY 3D Printer
While elegant in nature, this is also a easy to use desktop DIY 3D Printer that is considered to be one of the most reliable machines on the market. It delivers the highest quality products while operating quietly, making it perfect for use in the classroom at school for for projects at home.
Teachers, students, homemakers, entrepreneurs and small business owners enjoy using this printer because it is quick to set up, easy to use, and provides the efficiency to produce her types that are exact. The printer is equipped with Wi-Fi capabilities which allows print jobs to be sent from your smart phone, tablet or even desktop computer.
One of the most intriguing features of this model is that the PLA filaments are eco-friendly, yet high quality and are available in a wide variety of vibrant colors. So not only is using this printer simple enough for a child or teenager, it is also very exciting to use.
6. QIDI TECHNOLOGY Dual Extruder Desktop 3D Printer 3DP-QDA16-01
This fully calibrated and completely flat the stop DIY 3D Printer guarantees that your materials will not warp during the heating process, which is always a big concern with 3D printers. For those who are looking for simplicity, reliability and precision, this is the model for you. This model features a dual extruder and features a turbo fan equipped with a cooling function.
The external frame, which was once plastic, is now metal, but high heat resistant so that it is capable of working with an expanded amount of materials – especially those that produce high heat levels. One of the coolest things about this is so is the software. It allows you to customize 3D models so that you can add a high level of detail and personalization to your creations.
Another Article: Best DIY 3D Pens Reviews
5. LulzBot Mini Desktop DIY 3D Printer
If you are looking for the high-performance engineered DIY 3D Printer, you have found it. This simple and calibrated printer can be installed with an open source hardware. It offers opinion accuracy,’s flexibility and speed because it features collaborative technology, innovative software packages and experimental materials.
This model unleashes the potential to create extraordinary projects as it is highly adaptable, with the newest and best technology at your fingertips. Suitable for industrial printing, this model has the ability to print on nylon, polyester, ABS and polycarbonate filaments – all offer superior strength and a high level of resistance to temperatures and chemicals.
Another Article: Best ASUS Gaming Laptops Reviews
4. JGAURORA DIY 3D Printer Prusa i3
The heated bed of this DIY 3D Printer supports most 1.75 mm filaments such as CPU, wood, ABS, nylon and PLA. This model features a LCD control screen, 8 GB is the car as well as USB cable, permits online and off-line print. The T-type screw right linear stepping over delivers exquisite accuracy. And when coupled with its all metal frame and design, the printer is both consistent and durable.
The stability of the performance makes this printer a great option for school age children. Now teachers can inspire their students to create mechanical, sculpture, robotic and even industrial designs that brings to life their creative imagination. The uniform motion, and high quality linear bearings ensure that the machine operates smoothly and quietly, which means that it won’t be a distraction in the classroom.
Another Article: Best Battery Backup Surge Protector Reviews
3. ALUNAR 3D Desktop Printer Prusa i3
ALUNAR 3D Printer is suitable for the more experience artists. It requires a high level of practicality, passion and patience. While simply requires a sense of consciousness, the rigid quality control standards used to design this kit produces a machine that delivers excellent quality performance.
Its extruder is capable of withstanding a wide range of temperatures, so the list of filaments that are compatible with this unit is expensive. From the most basic material such as PLA and ABS, to the advanced filaments such as would and conductive PLA, engineers, architects, designers and hobbyists can create truly unique prototypes that are detailed and of high quality.
Another Article: Best Curved LED Monitor for Gaming Reviews
2. FLSUN DIY 3D Printer Delta Kossel Diy Kit
FLSUN DIY 3D Printer consists of a heated bed, dual fans for both the cooling system and the Effector. It also has micro USB and micro SD car connectivity, an extensive list of software compatibility and an LCD display. This economical unit is affordable, yet because its’ construction meets European design standards, it is highly durable.
When purchased, the DIY kit is complete, and there is no need for any additional accessories. FLSUN has a one-stop service for all your 3D printing needs though you don’t have prior knowledge about 3D printing.
Another Article: Best Bluetooth Barcode Scanner Reviews
1. XYZprinting da Vinci Jr. 1.0 DIY 3D Printer
The LCD control panel of XYZprinting can calibrate and adjust the print bed. This eliminates the need for three not calibration. While this model can only print on XYZprinting’s PLA filament, the materials are bio-compostable and non-toxic. These materials are also DEHP and Heavy Metal-free. So this printer is perfect for environmentalists or those looking for eco-friendly option.
You do not have to sacrifice quality or performance. It features a fluid press release extruder for quick and easy cleaning, fully enclosed designed and a non-heat print tray. Not only is this DIY 3D Printer safe to use, it is sturdy and offers high-quality printing.
Another Article: Best Fingerprint Door Locks Reviews