Even the most experienced mountain bike riders will find themselves in need of mountain bike knee pads at some point. Whether you hit some challenging terrain or you come across an unexpected bump, it’s not uncommon to go over the handlebars and experience extreme gravel rash, grazes, and bruises. While they may not look that severe, the smallest graze can put a dampener on your experience and can also take quite a while to heal.
Therefore, investing in a mountain bike knee pad set becomes not a bad idea after all. While many will not protect you from broken bones, they can act as a barrier between you and hard, rough terrain. Most are flexible, molded, and lightweight, while others have mesh paneling or lycra to be gentle on skin. What’s more, several options won’t chafe and are easy to put on and take off.
What you will also find, through researching about knee pads, is that even though they offer ample protection against cuts and grazes, they are also very affordable. You pay a small amount of money for what can be a huge convenience. Therefore, if you haven’t bought a mountain bike knee pad set already, it might be time to do it sooner rather than later.
Top 9 Best Mountain Bike Knee Pads and Elbow Pads
- SIZES RUN ON SMALL SIDE- Size up if your measurements are close**Demon Hyper X D3O V3 Knee pad is the perfect option for mountain biking, snowboarding, and any other high impact activities. Built for comfort, built to last.
- Impact Protection: Integrated with a Kevlar front panel for complete abrasion resistance and D3O high performance shock absorbing foam CE 1621-1.
- Comfort: Dual velcro straps, soft terry cloth interior and additional padding on the inside and outside make the Demon Hyper X knee pad extrmely comfortable.
- Venting: Built with perforated neoprene to allow for maximum ventilation.
- Warranty: Backed by the Demon United quality guarantee. Built tough.
- SIZES RUN SMALL- ORDER NEXT SIZE UP IF YOUR MEASURMENTS ARE CLOSE******Demon Enduro Mountain Bike Knee Pads|BMX Knee Guards|Snowboard Knee Pads- Ultralight Edition (Comes as a Pair)
- The NEW Demon Enduro Knee Pads are quality, breathable and slim. Designed to fit under any pant (if needed) these pads will keep you safe without breaking your wallet.
- Ventilated Neoprene material that allows for plenty of airflow.
- 10MM EVA Foam Cushion & Tough Kevlar Knee Cap cover to keep your skin safe and prolong the life of your pads.
- Silicone 'Anti-Slip' bands on top and bottom to keep your pads in place while riding.
- Demon Dirt Mountain Bike Knee Pads & Shin Pads, BMX Knee Guards, Motorcycle Leg and Shin Guards
- COMFORT: Plush padding throughout, extra knee protective foam, easy remove strap clips
- QUALITY: High quality Pu plastic shell designed to take on the tough elements, three woven eleastic straps and quick release buckles to make removal an easy process without messing with your adjustments
- VENTING: 24 vents per leg and 16 per arm allow a heavy flow of air venting through the plastic into the perforated pads allowing for maximum cooling
- WARRANTY: Backed by the Demon United quality guarantee. Built tough. Sizing : 5'10 175lbs and under select Small/Medium
- Material: mesh, perforated neoprene
- Protection Area: elbow
- Closure System: pull-on
- Recommended Use: mountain biking
- Runs small, sizing up is recommended
- SIZING - Snug fit, size up if on the border between two sizes. Available in sizes Small, Medium, Large and XL. See size chart for details.
- PROTECTION: Don't let a bad fall get you down. These elbow pads feature fully articulated hard shell fortification to protect you in the event of a fall or accident. The elbow cups are plush padded to help absorb shock, and surrounded by extra padding for even more impact resistance. To top it off, the whole thing is Kevlar covered for added protection against scrapes and scratches.
- COMFORT: Stay comfortable, even in the heat of the moment. The perforated neoprene construction was designed for all day wear, so it's breathable enough to keep you cool and lightweight so it never weighs you down. These elbow guards also come with a pre-curved, ergonomic fit, which makes sitting in ride position for long periods a breeze.
- FIT: The Launch Pro focuses on superior fit for superior protection. Featuring a wrap-around hook and loop closure, this elbow armor is incredibly easy to put on, take off, and adjust on the fly. You'll also never have to worry about them slipping down at an inopportune time, thanks to the interior silicone strap.
- USE: Designed for multi-sport use, these pads will keep you protected no matter what. From Downhill, Mountain, and BMX Biking to Snowboarding, Skiing, and beyond - these pads perform in any sport where falls and crashes are common. Suit up and stay safe!
- Material: [shell] molded EVA, TPR, memory foam, [cover] ballistic nylon
- Closure: 2 hook-and-loop straps
- Protection Area: knee
- Certifications: CE EN ISO 13688-2013
- Recommended Use: mountain bike
- Bundle includes HDO Sport Performance headband
- Triple 8 Biking & Skating Helmets & Acessories
- Triple Eight
- TECHNOLOGY: Made with G-Form's proprietary Reactive Protection Technology(RPT) - a soft, flexible foam which stiffens on impact absorbing over 90% of force.
- LOW PROFILE: No more bulky pads, the revolutionary RPT technology means G-Form's sleek pads can fit comfortably under any clothing or sports gear.
- FLEXIBLE/COMFORTABLE: Mounted on compression fabric that is both breathable amd moisture wicking. The ergonomic design allows for a complete range of movement while also keeping the pad in place at all times.
- EASY CARE: Machine Washable - take them off and throw them in the wash after every use.
- BEST QUALITY - 100% made in USA
- Material: 35% neoprene, 35% polyurethane, 15% nylon, 8% polyester, 7% EVA
- Closure: slip-on, 2 hook-and-loop straps
- Protection Area: knee
- Recommended Use: downhill, enduro
9. Demon United Hyper Mountain Bike Knee Pads
If you want the ultimate level of protection without paying exorbitant amounts of money, then this mountain bike knee pad set might tick all the boxes. Competitively priced and featuring a cool design, it covers all bases before you even find out what else they can do.
You can use these knee pads for mountain biking and other high impact activities such as snowboarding. What’s more, they are comfortable to wear which means you will have no qualms about doing so.
However, the benefits don’t end there. Impact protection on this mountain bike knee pad set is exceptional. There is a panel of kevlar on the front as well as abrasion-resistant foam that absorbs shock as well.
To put them on is easy, too. There are velcro straps on the back, terry cloth on the inside, as well as padding. Therefore, all you need to do is wrap them around your knees then strap them in place. They come with a warranty, feature plenty of ventilation, and will provide you with an added layer of protection as you head into the great outdoors.[irp posts=”2676″ name=”Top 9 Best Bluetooth Motorcycle Helmets”]
8. Demon United Enduro Mountain Bike Knee Pad
There are many different mountain bike knee pad sets on the market, but not all of them will be within your price range. If you need protection but your bank account is looking sad, you may find these could be within your range. Even though they are some of the most affordable on the market, you still receive all the vital protection you require to go mountain biking safely.
They are breathable and lightweight, slim-fitting to keep them in place tightly and feature high-quality neoprene material as well. As a result, you benefit from exceptional breathability where you need it the most.
Furthermore, the place where you receive injuries the most – the kneecap – has plenty of protection to stop any grazing or scrapes. On the knee area of each pad, there is both foam cushioning and kevlar material. You benefit from both skin protection and the knowledge they will last the distance.
With anti-slip bands sealing the deal, there’s every reason to believe this mountain bike knee pad set will suit your needs perfectly.[irp posts=”3050″ name=”Top 9 Best Off-Road Skateboards for Personal Transports in 2018″]
7. Demon United Dirt Mountain Bike Knee Pads and Shin Pads
If your shins need as much protection as your knees do, then opting for both a shin pad set and a mountain bike knee pad set could be the best purchasing decision. Demon United offer both bike knee pads and shin pads in one convenient package deal. They are the same design, look stylish, and are still affordable to the average biker.
When it comes to comfort, this set delivers. The outer shell features plenty of robust PU plastic, while the interior is plush padding with foam and strap clips you will find easy to release. You are sure to love every convenient feature this mountain bike knee pad set has to offer.
What’s more, even when you’re sweating as you ride your bike, you won’t feel uncomfortable with your knees and shins undercover. There are 24 vents on each leg which help to allow air flow to go where it needs to be the most.
Suitable for people who are five-foot-ten in height and weighing 175 pounds, they will be the perfect accessory for keeping you safe on your next adventure.[irp posts=”3026″ name=”Top 9 Best Off Road Self-Balancing Hoverboard Reviews in 2018″]
6. Fox Racing Launch Enduro Elbow Pads
To go with your mountain bike knee pad set, why not invest in elbow pads as well? While your knees are sure to be the most commonly-grazed area in a mountain biking accident, your elbows are not exempt from risk. Therefore, there’s every reason to consider ordering every form of protection possible.
These elbow pads from Fox meet the mark for quality, price, and comfort on every level. Even though the sizing runs small, which means you should buy a size larger than you are, you will still be impressed with everything these pads have to offer.
They feature neoprene with perforation for better breathability and, instead of strapping them on, they pull over your arms effortlessly.
You can wear them for mountain biking or most high impact sports, and you will also find they’re lightweight so they won’t impact the ability to use your arms. When you want elbow pads to match your mountain bike knee pad set, you will be happy to know Fox will cover all bases.[irp posts=”3038″ name=”Top 9 Best Off Road Go Karts Reviews in 2018″]
5. Fox Racing Launch Elbow Guard Pads
When you buy a mountain bike knee pad set, you benefit from unparalleled protection and comfort that bare skin doesn’t offer. However, now that you have knee protection, what about your elbows? This Fox elbow guard set will tick all the boxes for your safety requirements while you’re mountain biking.
You can choose from a small, medium, large, or extra-large set, and they fit snugly to keep them securely in place. What’s more, you will notice they don’t move around. There is a wrap-around hook and loop closure system as well a silicone strap that stops them from slipping while you’re riding.
If you need ultimate protection when you’re out riding, you can rely on Fox to deliver. The outer shell is fortified and absorbs shock, while the interior that cups your elbow is soft, cushioned, and protects against scrapes and abrasions. These elbow pads also feature neoprene so you can benefit from a gentle breeze flowing through at all times, as well as an ergonomic fit.
Staying safe on your mountain bike has never been easier than now thanks to Fox.[irp posts=”6001″ name=”Top 9 Best Yakima Bike Racks for Cars”]
4. Troy Lee Designs T-Bone Knee Guard
Mountain biking can be a dangerous sport, but it’s far safer if you invest in a mountain bike knee pad set. Rather than come home with grazed and bloody knees, you can rest assured knee pads such as these from Troy Lee Designs will prevent grazing and abrasions.
One of the most critical components of a mountain bike knee pad set is the material. If the fabric isn’t up to scratch, you can’t rely on it to protect you from impact with the ground. However, the structure of these delivers time and time again. They feature ballistic nylon that’s rugged and durable, as well as an EVA molded shell to absorb shock and take the fall. What’s more, the interior features soft padding to reduce the instance of chafe and keep you comfortable at all times.
When it’s time to hit the track, you will find that putting on this mountain bike knee pad set takes only seconds. There are two hook and loop straps to secure in place once you put them on your knees, as well as silicone grip strips to stop them moving around as you pedal.
These knee pads are also lightweight so they aren’t a burden to wear and they’re flexible as well. As a result, you won’t find yourself wishing you never brought them. Benefit from protection and comfort all thanks to this mountain bike knee pad set by Troy Lee Designs.[irp posts=”3384″ name=”Top 9 Best Folding Electric Scooters”]
3. Triple-Eight ExoSkin Knee Pads
If regular knee pads don’t offer enough flexibility for your needs, then maybe this mountain bike knee pad set from Triple-Eight will. With ExoSkin fabric and high-quality design, there’s every reason to believe this mountain bike knee pad set will meet and even exceed your expectations.
What sets these knee pads apart from others on the market, initially, is the style. Rather than feature one large kneecap guard to stop you from getting kneecap grazing, the protection runs below and above the kneecap as well. Not only does this help to protect more than just your kneecap, but it offers better flex too.
Aside from excellent protection, they are also versatile for various sports. You can use them for mountain biking, BMX riding, snowboarding, and even skating. Therefore, you only need one set of pads for all your outdoor hobbies.
When you buy this mountain bike knee pad set, you also get an additional HDO Sports Performance Headband. Therefore, you are getting bang for your buck in more ways than one. When the time comes to invest in your safety when out riding your mountain bike, look no further than this set of knee pads from Triple-Eight.[irp posts=”692″ name=”9 Best Electric Scooters 2018″]
2. G-Form Pro-X Knee Pads for Adult and Youth
If you want the best protection money can buy when you’re in the great outdoors, then it’s time to invest in this mountain bike knee pad set from G-Form. As some of the best knee pads on the market, they prove their worth time and time again by stopping abrasions and grazes in their tracks.
When you come off your bike due to challenging terrain, these knee pads come into their own. With Reactive Protection Technology, the flexible foam will stiffen to absorb over 90 percent of the impact and force. However, even though you reap the rewards of no cuts or scrapes, these pads don’t weigh you down.
They are sleek in their design, fit comfortably under your clothing, and offer a full range of movement as well. They even feature thin, moisture-wicking compression material that’s both breathable and comfortable at the same time.
After a full day of mountain biking, you may wonder how you’re going to be able to clean your new mountain bike knee pad set. You will be pleased to know it’s an effortless process. Put them in the washing machine then turn it on – it’s that straightforward.
Made in the USA and competitively priced, you will be pleasantly surprised with these G-Form knee pads.[irp posts=”4049″ name=”Top 9 Best Sports Sunglasses”]
1. Ion K-Pact Knee Pad
If you’re tired of getting endless grazes and bleeding knees from coming off your bike, then set your sights on this mountain bike knee pad set. Rather than put up with grazes and painful sores, you can avoid them altogether with only a small investment.
These knee pads feature robust EVA, polyurethane, nylon, and polyester, and protect your entire knee – including above and below it. They are suitable for downhill and enduro riding and are both comfortable and effortless to put on. When you buy these knee pads, you will be more than impressed with what they offer.
Comfort comes in the form of the soft foam that’s pliable yet protective, as well as the shock absorbing pad. What’s more, the neoprene stops you from getting abrasions while also adding ventilation to the pads at the same time. They don’t slip around, are comfortable to wear for extended periods, and won’t chafe either. Therefore, it’s easy to see why many mountain bike riders are seeing the benefits of these knee pads.