One of the most important things to buy when you become a dog owner is a leash, but rather than opt for acrylic or similar fabric; a leather dog leash is the best option. As you will soon learn, dogs love to chew. They don’t mind what it is as long as they can get their teeth through it. Therefore, a leather dog leash becomes a lifesaver when you realize it’s a little more challenging to destroy, giving you ample time to catch them in the act.
A leather dog leash, while a little bit more expensive than other leashes, is worth its weight in gold. It’s durable, easy to handle, comes in many lengths and styles, and helps to provide essential training for a puppy who’s not quite sure what you expect of them yet. What’s more, they are robust enough to handle leash training for older, bigger, or stronger dogs.
If you’re awaiting the arrival of your new dog or puppy, there’s every reason to buy a leather dog leash in advance. We’ve included a few decent options below.
Top 9 Best Leather Dog Leashes
- REAL GENUINE LEATHER dog training leash is real US imported leather, assembled and accomplished in China. Has the original authentic flavor and modern fashion style. handmade, tensile resistance is strong, durable.
- METAL CLIPS Using pure copper alloy casting, the high quality plating process, outstanding clip appearance, simple and practical, strong tensile resistance can carry 500 Lb pull force, it is easy to tie on the dog collars or chest straps.
- MILITARY GRADE TRAINING Law enforcement and military grade of professional training. Suitable for medium dogs such as Dachshund, Welsh corgi pembroke, Beagle, Shetland Sheepdog.
- CONVENIENT AND COMFORTABLE 5.6ft length let you and your dog in your backyard or walking down the street has become more relaxed, can better control the dog's behavior.
- 2 year warranties service, 60 day unconditional return. Please avoid your dogs chewing the leash.
- GENUINE FULL GRAIN LEATHER LEASH for a lifetime of heavy duty use. Made from a single long piece of beautiful premium grade leather to last even through extreme conditions - Six feet long, 5/8 inch wide and 1/8 in. thick.
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE - Police and Military gauge training weight handles even the strongest working and service dogs. INDEPENDENTLY TESTED to OVER 245 lbs of Pulling Force. 6 foot length recommended by trainers worldwide.
- BEAUTIFUL, STRONG AND DURABLE - Resists water & stains with minimal care, yet feels supple and won't tear at your hands or collect hair like nylon leashes when training, walking or running with your pet.
- PREMIUM NICKEL PLATED SOLID BRASS CLASP clips on and off the collar easily yet won't disengage without release by the trainer.
- BEST LIFETIME GUARANTEE - If, for whatever reason, you don't absolutely Love your Leather Training Lead, just return it, and we'll refund every penny (or replace it, if there is a problem).
- 6 FOOT LEATHER LEASH YOU CAN TRUST - Have you been looking for a durable leather dog leash? Then your search is OVER! Leatherberg leather leash is made of top quality 100% real leather with strong double stitching and a metal rivet on each end. Our Leatherberg dog training leash will hold up all dog breeds.
- PAIN - FREE WALKING AND TRAINING - Leatherberg leather leashes are made of 100% real Latigo leather. It's soft yet durable and absorbs some of the pull. We use the same leather material to make our leather dog leashes as other top brands in the U.S.
- GET YOURS LEATHERBERG TODAY WHILE SUPPLIES LASTS - Check our special offers and product promotions below. Get 2 or more leather leashes and save money.
- TRUSTED - Why Do Amazon Customers Give Our 6ft Leather Dog Leash 5-Star Ratings? Our dog training leash is the #1 choice because of its professional grade quality. You'll be able easily control and train a dog with this amazing tool.
- 100% RISK FREE PURCHASE - "Does this dog leash leather come with a money back guarantee? YES! Your purchase comes with a full 1 year no-risk, no-nonsense 100% Money Back Guarantee. Either you're thrilled, or we don't want your money! See why Amazon customers rate our pet leash 5-Stars!"
- TWO HANDLES GIVES YOU COMPLETE CONTROL : Dog lovers and trainers are thrilled with this amazing new design. Experience for yourself a winning combination of functionality, style, and quality at a price you can afford.
- WALK WITH CONFIDENCE: Sometimes walking your dog can be challenging. With all the distractions our doggie friends come across, can you really blame them. When a situation such as a busy street or another dog comes to close, easily reach down and grab the traffic handle for complete control.
- WHY CHOOSE OUR NATURALLY TANNED GENUINE LEATHER LEASH? It's real simple , SURE BEAUTY AND DURABILITY, The natural tanning process last up to 40 days in tree bark, leaves, woods and other raw materials from nature. This gives the leather a rich and warm tone that looks completely natural while making it stronger.
- SOLID BRASS HARDWARE WITH LACQUERED FINISH: This keeps the snap rust proof in all weather conditions so your leash will last for years to come.
- GOES GREAT WITH OUR MATCHING DOG COLLARS: Professional dog trainers recommend a 6-foot leather leash for walking and training your dog.
9. Fairwin Braided Leather Dog Leash
If you don’t trust the strength and durability from an average fabric leash, then it might be time to upgrade to a leather dog leash from Fairwin. Using genuine imported leather that’s robust yet supple and comfortable to handle, you are sure to find this leather dog leash ticks all the boxes for your needs.
It’s suitable for medium-sized dogs such as a Beagle, Dachshund, or Sheepdog, and can handle up to 500 pounds of pull force. What’s more, rather than put up with low-quality clips that snap at a moment’s notice, you can rest assured this one will last the distance. It is robust and made using copper alloy casting. As a result, it’s both high-resistance and attractive.
If you find yourself lacking the confidence to walk your dog down the street because their strength can overpower most fabric leashes, then this leather dog leash is for you. With a 5.6-foot length, it’s more than suitable for walks and leash training. Sealing the deal is the two-year warranty, giving you peace of mind that the manufacturer is as confident about their product as you should be.
8. Logical Leather Training Leash
Finding a leather dog leash that meets the mark for national training standards is a challenge, but it’s not impossible. This affordable, high-quality and versatile leash will meet the mark for all your dog training requirements.
You can buy it in five colors – brown, black, pink, red, and tan, all the while being available in various lengths as well. However, at six feet long, you can rest assured it’s a recommended length for training dogs globally.
What sets this leather dog leash apart from many others on the market is its robustness. Because it features full-grain genuine leather, it doesn’t fall victim to the elements as quickly as some other leashes on the market. The leather is an eighth of an inch thick, it’s resistant to stains and water, and it won’t tear or collect hair and fibers like others.
Even the clasp is noteworthy. It features nickel plating as well as being made with solid brass to last the distance. When you include a lifetime guarantee into the deal, it’s clear to see this leather dog leash is a product that’s well worth your inspection when you’re ready to begin training.
7. Leatherberg Leather Dog Training Leash
If dog leashes in the past have failed you and you’re no longer willing to take the risk, it’s time to invest in this leather dog leash from Leatherberg. While acrylic ropes are okay for short trips around the backyard, they are less than ideal for long walks, training, or restraining your dog. You will find this leash will meet the mark time and time again for all your dog training requirements.
It features robust United States rawhide, is supple and durable with a little bit of stretch and grows with your dog as well. What’s more, at six feet long, it meets global training recommendations for the best results.
To be sure of its durability, this leather dog leash features double-stitching, has a metal rivet on each end, and will tick all the boxes for unexpected lunging as well. Even if your dog sees something it would like to chase, the sheer robustness of the entire unit will make sure you remain in control.
However, the benefits don’t end there. The clasp on this leather dog leash is also something worthy of mention. Because of its stainless-steel construction and heavy-duty profile, it’s more than up to the challenge of keeping your dog in line. It even comes with a pivot that swivels to stop the leash becoming twisted. Sealing the deal is the knowledge that purchasing this leash directs money to dog rescue organizations throughout the US.
6. Soft Touch Collars Braided Leather Dog Leash
If your dog is full of energy and zest for life, a leather dog leash is a must. While you don’t want to put a stopper in their excitement, you do want to be able to control them with more confidence. A typical fabric lead can’t offer you that confidence, but this leather one from Soft Touch Collars can.
Not only does it feature high-quality and robust leather, but it offers two areas in which to place your hands for complete control. The primary handle is where it usually is, but there is also a second handle closer to the dog to help you pull them back when they lock eyes on something they want to chase. As a result, dog trainers and everyday dog owners can enjoy peace of mind at having complete control.
Aside from the robust leather and convenient handle setup, you also benefit from high-quality hardware that offers peace of mind about the quality of the leash. The clasp is solid brass with a lacquer finish, while it’s also rust-proof to last the distance. If you require reliability for your active pooch, this leather dog leash can offer it.
5. J&J Dog Supplies Braided Leather Dog Leash
Swapping your fabric leash for this leather dog leash could be one of the best dog accessory decisions you ever make. Not only can you benefit from the new-found confidence that the lead won’t break or tear, but you also can enjoy peace of mind knowing that it’s made right here in the USA.
This teal leather dog leash was put together by American craftsmen and is a professional dog training lead from which any dog owner will receive benefits. It’s available in a vibrant teal color, is suitable for almost any dog, and features only the very best hardware and material money can buy. It has been braided by hand to ensure the best durability, all the while coming equipped with solid brass clasps that won’t rust or break.
Even when your dog tries to pull you, you will enjoy confidence at having full control when you’re out for a walk. There’s every reason to look at purchasing this leather dog leash for your dog.
4. Circle T Leather Dog Leash with Nickel Plated Snaps
If you are the proud owner of a small dog, you will most likely be on the lookout for a leather dog leash. After all, even though your dog is little, they can pull hard on a fabric leash when there’s something they may like to chase. As a result, your confidence may be shaken if you own a low-quality fabric leash.
This thin, full-leather dog leash will meet the mark in every way. You get back that long-lost confidence that your pup will not be able to pull away from the lead, all the while knowing it’s a leash that’s built to last.
What purchasers appreciate about this leather dog leash the most, however, is how well-made it is. It’s sewn and hand-crafted out of latigo leather, and this leather is full top-grain with natural markings for attractiveness and style. What’s more, it’s durable, reliable, and is even suitable for professional trainers.
Sealing the deal is the six-foot length – the ideal training length, as well as the high-quality nickel-plated snaps. This leather dog leash is well worth closer inspection.
3. MCBInfinity Leather Training Leash
If you no longer want to walk your dog because you don’t have the confidence to stay in control, this leather dog leash can help. Because it has gone through a strict manufacturing process, using only the best materials, it’s a leash that helps you remain in charge. You can also use it for training your dog or taking them for walks. What’s more, it’s the ideal length of six feet for training of all kinds.
This leather dog leash is leagues ahead of its competition for several reasons. It features soft-grain Latigo leathers that is both supple and durable, while also being made to last. It comes with a two-year warranty for peace of mind, as well as a car safety belt for even safer journeys in the car.
What you will also appreciate is how comfortable and easy it is to use. Because it has a little bit of stretch, you won’t feel the sudden jerking in your arms when your dog sees something it wants to chase. It also has two rivets on the joint as opposed to the more common one. Therefore, you can rest assured this is a leather dog leash that will last the distance.
2. Beirui Braided Rolled Rounded Leather Dog Leash
Whether you’re looking to train your new dog or you want to have more confidence when you’re walking them, this leather dog leash from Berry Pet could be the answer. While it comes with a competitive price tag, you aren’t compromising on quality at all.
Instead, you can rest assured it features only the best materials for long-lasting effect. The leash features braided cattle hide leather that’s supple yet robust, while also coming with an alloy hook as well. This hook is durable, rust-
resistant, and will provide years of faithful service. You can also buy this leather dog leash in either black or brown leather, and it’s four feet in length.
When you require a leash that’s going to help you with both walking and training while not giving your dog a lot of room to get ahead of you, this one is it.
1. Dogs My Love Multifunctional Leather Leash
It can be challenging to find a leather dog leash for an extra-large dog. Most on offer are typically suitable for medium or small dogs. However, this one from Dogs My Love fills that niche market that’s growing bigger by the day.
If you’re the owner of a big dog, you will most likely want a genuine leather leash that will be strong and robust to last the distance. This leash is the answer. It features genuine leather, nickel plating, swivel snaps and rings, and is also adjustable. As a result, you’re able to adjust either end of the leash to suit your dog’s requirements.
The size of this leash is also something special. It’s ¾-inch wide and 94 inches long. Therefore, you can use it for walking your large dog or training them as well. It’s hardy, robust, durable, and is also competitively priced on the market. When the time comes to buy a rugged leather dog leash for your active dog, this one is the answer.