If you’ve ever tried to unload or load your boat without a boat trailer winch, you will know it’s near impossible, if not entirely impossible. The sheer weight and bulk of a boat mean that using manpower alone will not help the boat to move onto your trailer or off it. Therefore, if you’re investing in watercraft, the most important second investment is a boat trailer winch.
There are two types of winches for boats; electric and manual. Both options have their advantages and disadvantages. If you own an electric trailer winch, you don’t need to adjust the cables as you pull the boat in which can save a lot of time and labor. What’s more, it reduces the risk of boat damage. With an electric winch, you also receive a battery and often a wireless remote.
If you choose to buy a manual one, however, which can often be cheaper, you can control the amount of tightening. However, it’s quite a manually intensive process which involves continually changing the cable length between the trailer and the boat.
If you believe either an electric or manual trailer winch should be on your shopping list, we’ve included some sound options below.
Top 9 Best Boat Trailer Winches
- 1.Upgrade Design: Dual mode operation, Power-in, Power-out, and Freewheel operation.
- 2.Low Noise Design: running without ratcheting noise; Electric and manual dual model operation, both for in and out.
- 3. Enhanced Power Motor Design: 30% higher winching power than regular 6000 lbs trailer winch; Galvanized steel cable and hook for additional safety.
- 4.Dynamic Brake as well as Mechanical Friction Brake: CAPACITY 6,000 lbs. rolling; 5,000 lbs. marine; 2,000 lbs. pulling; Max boat weight: 5,000 lbs
- 5. Designed for boats up to 6000 lbs.Rocker switch corded remote contro,16 ft. power cord.Best used for car, trailer, truck, and boat winch.
- Automatic trailer winch for loading your boat into a trailer
- Saves muscle and hassle by loading boat with the press of a button
- 12-volt cable offers smooth power-in/freewheel-out action
- Pulls boats up to 7,500 pounds; line speed of 14 feet per minute
- 20-foot cable; measures 10 by 8 by 10 inches (W x H x D); 1-year warranty
- Wireless remote trailer winch for loading your boat into a trailer
- Saves muscle and hassle by loading boat with the press of a button
- Corrosion-resistant, zinc-plated frame and aircraft-quality cable
- Pulls boats up to 11,500 pounds; vertical lift capacity of 4,000 pounds (single line)
- 40-foot cable; measures 11.5 by 9 by 9.5 inches (W x H x D); 1-year warranty
- Designed for boats up to 9000 lbs
- Power-in, Power-out, and Freewheel operations
- Dynamic brake, as well as mechanical friction brake
- 3-position rotary switch (in, out, off)
- Includes 2" x 20' polyester strap (installed), wiring harness (25 ft positive battery wire and 8 ft ground wire), and emergency crank handle
- Strap included: Yes
- Kit: Yes
- Strength: 7000 lbs
- Winch type: Electric
- Cable included: No
- Heavy-duty DC motor with electric brake
- In-slot carriage 3-bolt mounting system
- 10-gauge battery cable with circuit breaker
- Plug-in remote control with 9' cable
- Spring-loaded hook
- Heavy duty steel body, zinc plated
- Hardened steel gears
- Polyester webbed strap
- Capacity: 3200
- Length of rope: 10m Width of rope: 2"
- Material: Steel.Made of high quality steel and high quality Steel wire rope
- Mooring hook equipped with a safety pawl.Capacity: 600 lb
- Body Size (L x W x H): 15 x 8 x 11.5cm/5.9 x 3.1 x 4.5'' (Approx)
- Resistant to bad weather, Heavy duty steel construction, Hardened steel gears, Mooring hook equipped with a safety pawl, Designed to provide excellent load lifting facility
- Package Content: 1 x Hand Winch
- Recover vehicles, trailer your boat, pull stumps and logs
- 6000 lbs. of pulling capacity for rolling stock, Line speed with full load: 6 ft./min.
- 2000 lbs. of pulling capacity for straight pulling, Cable length: 20 ft., Weighs 25 lbs.
- Attaches to vehicle tow hook, Mounting dimensions: 8 11/16 in. L x 4 7/8 in. W x 3/16 in. H
- Remote switch included, not for overhead lifting
9. Megaflint Reversible Electric Boat Trailer Winch
If the thought of bringing your boat in on a manual boat trailer winch sounds less than appealing, then it might be time to look at a battery-operated electric version from Megaflint.
Rather than put your sweat and tears into hauling in your boat by hand, you can buy this boat trailer winch and benefit from a simple approach to taking your boat on and off the trailer.
This boat trailer winch is suitable for any vehicle – be it a boat, car, or truck, under 6,000 pounds in weight, and is seamless in its design. It is an upgraded model which includes a dual operation mode, as well as freewheel if you so desire.
It’s quiet to run without that typical “ratchet” noise, and you can choose to operate it in the electric or manual mode as well. Therefore, if you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of having a flat battery on your trailer winch, it’s not the end of the world.
What sets this winch apart from others is its power. Even hauling in a 6,000-pound boat, it offers at least 30 percent more power than similar winches, as well as featuring a steel hook and cable for safety.
It comes with a remote control and a dynamic braking system and will be more than suitable for your requirements.[irp posts=”4588″ name=”Top 9 Best Snorkeling Gears”]
8. Powerwinch Trailer Winch for Boat
If you want push-button convenience every time you go boating, then you can get that and more with this boat trailer winch from Powerwinch. Rather than spend a significant amount of time battling with manual loading and unloading, you can let this electric winch do all the hard work.
It has a robust 12-volt cable to ensure both powering in, and freewheeling is a breeze, and it can even pull boats weighing up to 7,500 pounds. Therefore, you can rest assured that most family boats are suitable for use with this winch.
It also doesn’t waste any time with loading and offloading. It has a line speed of 14 feet per minute, meaning you can be hitting the water in no time at all.
With a one-year warranty and a versatile 20-foot cable, there’s every reason to believe this boat winch is a worthy investment. So, add it to your shopping cart today.[irp posts=”3765″ name=”Top 9 Best Bikinis”]
7. Powerwinch Wireless Remote Boat Trailer Winch
If you have a significantly-sized boat that typically takes a lot of time to load and offload, then finding a boat trailer winch to handle the pressure will provide no end of convenience. This one from Powerwinch might tick all the boxes for your needs.
It’s capable of pulling all boats weighing up to 11,500 pounds and can even lift them vertically if required, with a capacity of 4,000 pounds. If that’s not enough to convince you of the convenience this boat trailer winch has to offer, then maybe the labor-free approach to loading will.
All you need to do to load your boat onto its trailer is press a button. A wireless remote talks to the boat trailer winch, helping it to pull your boat on up to 40 feet of cable.
This cable is resistant to corrosion, is aircraft quality, and is zinc-plated as well. Therefore, you can rely on its integrity to help load and offload your boat for many years to come.
It comes with a one-year warranty, saves a significant amount of hassle and could help your boating trips to be that much more enjoyable.[irp posts=”6889″ name=”Best Underwater Sea Scooters Reviews in 2018″]
6. Dutton Lainson 12-Volt Trailer Winch for Boat
Going boating can be a lot of fun, but unless you have a boat trailer winch, you won’t get very far at all. This trailer winch from Dutton Lainson can take all the labor and stress out of loading and unloading your boat from your trailer.
It’s suitable for all boats weighing up to 9,000 pounds, is high-quality to last the distance, and also comes packed full of convenient features to help the process go as quickly as possible.
You benefit from three operation modes – freewheel, power-in, and power-out, all the while featuring a three-position rotary switch as well. If that wasn’t enough to convince you, then the dynamic friction brake and accessories will.
It comes with polyester straps, a positive and ground wiring harness, and an emergency crank handle as well. Therefore, your boating trip isn’t ruined if the battery isn’t operational. You can merely wind the boat trailer winch by hand instead. It might take longer, but at least the option is there.
This boat trailer winch covers all bases – from being compatible with most family boats to making the entire process as labor-friendly as possible. If the boating season is nearing ever-closer, then there’s no time like the present to buy this trailer winch from Dutton Lainson.[irp posts=”6999″ name=”Best Fish Finders Reviews in 2018″]
5. FULTON WESBAR Powered Boat Winch
If you’ve spent all your money on your boat and have very little left over for accessories, then this affordable boat trailer winch could be a good option for you. Rather than rely on sheer muscle and manpower to bring your boat in and take it out, you can use this electric boat trailer winch with a 7,000-pound weight capacity.
It can help you make short work of loading your boat by pulling it in with the touch of a button. All you need to do is use the easy-to-use control switches and wireless remote and let the boat trailer winch do all the work.
It comes with straps and a swivel hook to stop twisting and is even easy to use at all times of the day or night. Thanks to the ED lights in the back and bottom, you will always be able to see what you’re doing.
What’s more, this trailer winch is suitable for boats up to 20 feet in size, has corrosion-resistant robust wire, and has a manual override as well. Therefore, if you find yourself unable to use this boat trailer winch electrically, you will still be able to use it manually.
With an easy installation system, high-quality design and an included five-year warranty, you will be more than impressed by all this boat winch has to offer.[irp posts=”6727″ name=”Top 9 Best O’Neill Wetsuits for Body Protection in 2018″]
4. TRAC Outdoor Small Craft Electric Trailer Winch
Rather than put up with a manual boat trailer winch or an overly complicated electric version, why not opt for something simple yet effective? Without spending the earth or finding it challenging to learn how to operate it, you can purchase this cost-effective and simplistic boat trailer winch that ticks all the boxes.
It’s fitted with a robust and heavy-duty DC motor, features an electric braking system, and has a plug-in remote control as well. Therefore, rather than get your hands dirty, you can stand nine feet away from your winch and let it bring your boat up the trailer all on its own.
For better safety, it comes with a three-bolt mounting system, a circuit breaker and 10-gauge battery cable, as well as a hook that’s spring-loaded. All you need to do is hook this boat winch onto your trailer, secure it to your boat then let the winch take care of the rest.[irp posts=”5382″ name=”Top 9 Best Life Vests”]
3. Voyager Tools Hand Crank Winch Trailer
For fishers and hobbyists with small boats, an electric boat trailer winch is not always necessary. In fact, it can be a cost that outweighs the financial viability of your fishing trip. If you have muscles of steel and don’t mind putting in the hard work yourself, this manual boat trailer winch from Voyager Tools could be the answer.
While it’s going to be a little more labor-intensive than an electric boat trailer winch, it’s still quite a comfortable unit to use. It has a pulling capacity of 3,200 pounds, comes with a robust heavy-duty body that’s made of steel and plated with zinc, and even the gears are rugged thanks to the hardened steel construction. If ever there was a boat trailer winch that was built to last, this one would be it.
To help make the loading and offloading process more comfortable and secure, this boat winch also comes with a webbed polyester strap, a 10-meter rope which is two inches wide, and all the high-quality components you need to get the job done.
Rather than outlay a significant amount of money for a boat trailer winch that might be unnecessary for your boat size, you can go for this low-cost yet high-quality one from Voyager Tools.[irp posts=”4707″ name=”Top 9 Best Waterproof Backpacks”]
2. Oanon Heavy Duty Hand Winch Boat Trailer
If you don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on a boat trailer winch when you’ve just spent thousands on your boat, then this winch from Oanon could be the answer. While it is a manual boat trailer winch as opposed to an electric one, it’s affordable and built to last. Sometimes this matters more than not having to do any manual labor.
What appeals the most about this boat trailer winch is its quality. Even though it costs very little to own, you aren’t compromising on quality by not opting for a more expensive model. It’s made out of steel with a steel wire rope, is heavy-duty, features gears made from hardened steel, and its mooring hook even comes with a safety pawl. All in all, this boat trailer winch is designed to provide you with years of faithful service.
Benefit from a generous loading capacity for a hobby boat user, a 600-pound capacity mooring hook, and a simplistic approach to loading and offloading that will be easier than you thought possible. If the time has come to make it easier to get your boat back on the trailer, then invest in this boat trailer winch today.[irp posts=”7732″ name=”Best Boat Anchors Reviews in 2018 | Anchors for Water Sports & Fishing”]
1. Sportsman Portable Electric Winch
Whether you’re looking for a boat trailer winch or something to pull vehicles, logs, and stumps, then this portable electric winch from Sportsman might tick all the boxes.
Rather than be suitable as only a boat trailer winch, it’s versatile to help you out of many sticky situations. Manpower is often not enough, so let this winch with a 6,000-pound pulling capacity, take the lead.
It has a full load line speed of six feet per minute, a 20-foot cable length for additional convenience, and comes with everything you need to get the job done. Whether you’re loading your boat onto a trailer, pulling stumps out of the ground, or recovering a stuck vehicle, you will find they’re no match for this boat trailer winch.
It also comes with a remote switch for even more convenience, all the while being competitively priced on the market. Even those who don’t own a boat will find that keeping a boat trailer winch on-hand for any extreme situation is a must. There’s every reason to consider adding this one to your shopping cart today.[irp posts=”9047″ name=”Best Battery Backup Surge Protector Reviews in 2018″]