If you’re an avid cyclist, having bicycle tools at your disposal is essential. Your bike is not always going to stay in tip-top shape, so making sure you have everything for a roadside repair or adjustment can save a whole lot of trouble and grief.
However, even if you don’t take bicycle tools with you on your travels, you will still find that owning them is very convenient. Rather than pay a professional to tinker with your bike, you can do it yourself at home.
There are many bicycle tools a biker requires, some more complex than others. However, it’s important not to buy the first ones you come across because they’re affordable. Some bicycle tools feature better materials which can come in handy when you’re relying on them to get the job done right.
Any regular cyclist should have plenty of ball-end Allen keys, screwdrivers, combination spanners, a tire lever, floor pump, pedal spanner, and a chain tool. In fact, there are several must-have tools you should begin collecting to make maintenance that little bit easier at home.
Check out any of these tools below if you’re ready to begin creating that ultimate bicycle toolkit.
Top 9 Best Bicycle Tools for Bike Repairs
- Includes 19 Tools
- Comes with a Tool Flask
- Includes Two Phillips and Two Flathead Screwdrivers
- Has a Universal Chain Tool
- Four Spoke Wrench Sizes
- It can help you fix most Problems of Your Bike With This Kit
- With good quality, durable, full function
- Allen Keys: 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6
- 16 function all in one tool:Socket Hex Wrench 8/9/10/mm,Slotted Screwdriver,Phillips Screwdriver,Socket Extension Rod,Solid Wrench 8/10/15/mm,Hex Key Wrench 2/2.5/3/4/5/6mm,Spoke Wrench;
- 3 pcs Nylon pry tire rods
- Used by both professional and amateur riders alike
- Made using high quality materials and components
- Tested to ensure quality and durability
- 31 Tools Total
- 2 Piece Body
- Comes with Guage perfect for bicycle carbon parts,1/4'' Torque Fix Set, Torque range: 2-24 NM, Tolerance in: Accuracy +/- 4%
- Allen Keys 3 /4 / 5 / 6 / 8 / 10 mm, plus 5mm Longer Allen Key for easy use, T20, T25 and T30 Torques, High quality. Great for bicycle parts or bolts. (Note: please do not try to use cheap quality tools, they will damage the parts)
- Made in Taiwan, Warranty: One year
- Note: Stop turning when you feel a 'click'. 'Click' means the torque has reached a preset value.
- 18 Tools Total
- 1 Piece Super Light Folding Tool
- Weight: 185 g / 0.41 lb
- Hardened Steel (Tools), Forged Aluminum (Body)
- Includes Neoprene Bag
- 1.5 2 2.5 3 4 5 6 8 10mm Hex Wrench Set Freehub Lockring tool for Shimano / some Campagnolo bottom brackets Tool for external Bottom Bracket (GXP, Shimano Hollowtech II, BB-6800, 9000, FSA Mega Exo Integrate) Cartridge Bottom Bracket Tool installation and removal of Shimano Hollowtech II external B.B. and BB-9000 Shimano Crank Arm Dust Cap Tool Truvativ Isis Drive Bottom Bracket Tool
- Chain Checker Chain Wear Indicator Crank Puller for Splined Octalink ISIS Drive and square-taper type Crank Wrench with 14mm Socket 8 and 10mm Open End Wrench 12 and 14mm Open End Wrench Synthetic Blend Bearing Grease Bike Hand Chain Cleaner with Clip Chain Cleaner Brush Cassette / cog Cleaner
- Cable Cutter Chainring Nut Wrench Professional Screw Type Chain Tool with extra chain pin Patch Kit with patches and cement Professional Pedal Wrench 14 15 16 17mm 13mm Professional Shop Cone Wrench 14mm Professional Shop Cone Wrench 15mm Professional Shop Cone Wrench 16mm Professional Shop Cone Wrench 17mm Professional Shop Cone Wrench 18mm Professional Shop Cone Wrench 19mm Professional Shop Cone Wrench 30 / 32mm head set wrench 36 /40mm head set wrench
- T25 Torx head wrench Shop Screwdriver #2 Phillips Shop Screwdriver Straight Blade 6mm tips Chain Whip and Freewheel/Lockring Wrench Red Professional Spoke Wrench Black Professional Spoke Wrench Green Professional Spoke Wrench Tire Levers
- Warranty 1 Year
- Chain Tool
- Integrated Bottom Bracket Wrench Adapter
- Double Bit Phillips/Flat Head Screwdriver
- 6-Piece Hex Wrench Set (2/2.5/3/4/5/6mm)
- Chainring Bolt Wrench/Crankarm Dust Cover Tool
- ESSENTIAL BIKE TOOL: Too much tightening will deform bike parts. Too little torque would mean the parts are loose. The bike torque wrench is a must have tool for installing bolts and bike parts.
- CALIBRATED BEFORE PACKING: We understand the accuracy of the torque is very important, especially for those expensive carbon parts. All the torque wrenches are pre-calibrated in the factory. Please read the instruction carefully to avoid any damage.
- One of the MOST ACCURATE Mechanical Torque Wrenches : Allowing to preset up to 0. 1Nm, for example preset 5.3 Nm. And it is the only torque wrench with a preset lock ring. Unlike others the presetting could be changed when turning the handle, the Venzo torque wrench comes with a lock ring to freeze the preset value.
- COMES with QUALITY BIT SET: All the most common bits are included in the package for your convenience. The best bit is the extension which allows to reach the bolts easily, such as seat post bolts.;
- LIFE TIME WARRANTY: The quality is so high , we are confidently to offer worry-free life time warranty.
- 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4, 5, 6, & 8mm hex wrenches, T10, T25 and T30 Torx compatible drivers, Flat blade and Philips head screwdrivers
- 5- to 12-speed compatible chain tool, Composite protective shell doubles as two super strong tire levers
- Three spoke wrenches (0.127", 0.130" and 0.136"/SW-0, 1 and 2 sizes), 8, 9 and 10mm box end wrenches
- Disc brake piston press, Rotor truing tool, Emergency pedal wrench, Presta valve core/extension tool (4mm), Knife, Bottle opener
- Dimensions: 85 x 45 x 40mm (3.3" x 1.8" x 1.6")
9. Crank Brothers Multi Bicycle Tools
When someone tells you that you need to buy more bicycle tools, images of lugging around a big toolbox begin to appear. After all, you’re on a bike so where are you going to store all those tools? This multi bicycle tool from Crank Brothers could solve those problems. Rather than carry a backpack specifically for tools, you can rely on this compact device to fit neatly into any backpack pocket.
In one little unit, you benefit from 19 tools within a stainless-steel and polymer case. It comes with a tool flask, includes four screwdrivers – two Phillips and two flatheads – and even four spoke wrenches of various sizes as well. This toolkit also manages to fit in a chain tool which is universal for most chain types. When you choose to buy these bicycle tools, you are going to be more than impressed with everything at your disposal.
This kit is suitable for most on-the-road repairs, making it an asset to any short or long trip. You can play with disc brakes thanks to the t-25 Torx driver, as well as 8mm and 10mm open wrenches. All 19 tools weigh a mere 175 grams, making it an easy-to-manage toolset you’ll be pleased you brought along with you.
Another Article: Best Portable Gas Stoves Reviews | Propane and Butane Stoves
8. WOTOW Multi-Function Tool Kit for Bicycle
If you find yourself in need of help on the side of the road during a cycling trip, then it’s obvious you don’t own any bicycle tools. Bicycles can require repair at any time, and if you’re not equipped to do them yourself, you can be waiting for a long time for someone to help you.
However, if you own these bicycle tools from WOTOW, you may find life is that little bit easier during your cycling trips. Similar to a Swiss knife, it features all the common bicycle tools you require to carry out general repairs.
You receive six Allen keys of various sizes, three different socket hex wrench sizes, a socket extension rod, a Phillips screwdriver, hex key wrench, and a spoke wrench. What’s more, it even comes with three nylon tire rods.
No one ever knows what battles they are going to face when they go for a ride on their bike. Therefore, rather than pack no bicycles at all, you can bring this small toolkit with you that requires minimal space. What’s more, it’s lightweight, affordable on the market, and suits a significant range of bicycles.
Don’t run the risk of stranding yourself on the side of the road. Purchase this kit and know you can fix the problem yourself.
Another Article: Best Sleeping Bags for Outdoors Reviews
7. Topeak Alien II Multi Tools for Bike
Not every cyclist prepares themselves with bicycle tools for their journey. In fact, many people believe that if you’re only going on a short ride, it’s more of a hindrance to carry a backpack full of tools. Those are the same people who find themselves stranded on the side of the road.
However, if you knew there was a way not to have to take a bag full of tools, you would choose to do that instead. These bicycle tools from Topeak tick all the boxes for the novice or experienced cyclist looking to carry out roadside repairs. Rather than wait for someone to rescue you, you can take control and get back on the road far quicker.
There are 31 tools at your disposal, but you don’t have to carry a large toolbox with you. Instead, all of them fit neatly within two small units, which fit inside a portable nylon bag with a clip. Carrying out bike maintenance in the middle of nowhere has never been easier.
These tools enable you to carry out most repairs, with all pieces featuring robust stainless-steel with engineering-grade plastic handles. As the handles are plastic, you benefit from a more lightweight toolkit on your travels. Whether you’re tinkering with the chain, pedals, brakes, or tires, you will find these bicycle tools included within one compact kit are all you require to get the job done.
Another Article: Best Camping Pillows Reviews | Sleeping Pillows for Travel
6. Venzo Bicycle Torque Wrench
One of the worst things you can do when purchasing bicycle tools is getting low-quality ones. If you choose to bypass high-quality tools, you may find yourself with damaged parts. Therefore, if you want to care for your bicycle well, mainly if it’s carbon with carbon parts, then this torque wrench from Venzo is a valid option. Don’t risk damaging your bike, especially when affordable and high-quality tools such as this one are available.
This torque wrench comes with a gauge and Allen keys, is exceptionally accurate and has a torque range of 2-24 NM as well. Therefore, it’s more than suitable for your bike – whether you’re carrying out roadside repairs or you’re home in your garage.
These bicycle tools are suitable for either bolts or bike parts, they’re made in Taiwan, and they’re accurate to within four percent either side. What’s more, they are high-quality and lightweight, making them easy to transport with you when you’re on your bike.
If you need to bulk up your bicycle tools with kits that will do the job, this torque wrench is worth adding to your shopping cart.
Another Article: Best Full Face Mountain Bike Helmets
5. Topeak The Mini Bicycle Tools
If you have a comprehensive kit of bicycle tools at home but you plan on heading on a long trip, it can be challenging to know what to take. While you know every tool may come in handy, it can be a case of deciding what you can conveniently carry.
Rather than worry about packing any of them, why not consider buying a mini bicycle toolkit from Topeak? Featuring all the standard tools to carry out roadside repairs, it can become a permanent addition to your backpack in no time.
These bicycle tools are not only affordable on the market, but they come in a convenient and easy-to-carry neoprene bag as well. As a result, you can carry them with you on your bike wherever you go. You then benefit from the confidence in knowing you can carry out a range of repairs if you need to.
In total, there are 18 bicycle tools, all of which feature hardened steel and forged aluminum. They weigh a mere 185 grams, are part of a lightweight folding device, and include everything you have at home but in a more travel-friendly format.
Benefit from various Allen, Torx, and spoke wrenches, a chain tool, a tire lever, screwdrivers, and even a bottle opener. Given the extensive range of sizes as well, you can rest assured there are bound to be many bicycle tools that suit your bike.
Another Article: Best Mountain Bike Knee Pads and Elbow Pads Reviews
4. BIKEHAND Complete Bike Bicycle Repair Tools Tool Kit
Trying to find bicycle tools when they’re strewn all around your garage can be a nightmare. After you’ve finished working on your bike, you can often find that tools end up in hiding spaces, never to be seen again. If you’re tired of chasing your tail, looking for bicycle tools that don’t seem to exist anymore, then it’s time to buy this complete toolkit from BIKEHAND.
While most toolkits on the market feature the bare minimum to help you with roadside repairs, this extensive kit is suitable for becoming a bike mechanic in your garage. Not only does it feature all the tools of the trade, but even comes with the necessary pins, lubricants, and grease required to make an excellent job of it. What’s more, it comes with a one-year warranty and is suitable for many different bikes.
When you buy this kit, you receive a range of greases, fluids, cone wrenches, nut wrenches, cable cutters, patching kit, tire lever, spoke wrenches, and so much more. In fact, everything you could ever think of related to bicycle tools is in this one convenient carry container from BIKEHAND.
3. Spin Doctor Essential Bicycle Tool Kit
Many cyclists have plenty of bicycle tools, but nothing that forms a set or is easy to carry. It’s all well and good to own a range of tools, but how are you supposed to transport them? Therefore, it might be time to cut your losses, use your old bicycle tools as spares, and invest in this essential toolkit from Spin Doctor.
What most cyclists love about this kit is how it’s the right size for use at home but is also convenient to carry if you’re out on your bike as well. Everything remains secure within a robust plastic case which means you can leave it on your garage bench or carry it in your backpack.
It features a chain tool, wrench adapter, screwdriver, hex wrench set, bolt wrench, and more. In fact, everything you require for necessary adjustments and repairs you can find in this one convenient kit. The best part is, it’s entirely affordable. Therefore, there’s every reason to consider purchasing it today.
Another Article: Best Skateboard Helmets for Adult and Kids
2. Venzo Premium Bicycle Torque Wrench
When your bicycle is your pride and joy, it’s essential to buy bicycle tools that won’t ruin any part of your bike. Low-quality tools, while cheap, don’t do a good job of repairs and maintenance. What’s more, tightening bolts can end up causing more damage than you think.
Therefore, if you require bicycle tools such as a torque wrench and Allen keys that will get the job done accurately and without damage, then this Venzo set is for you. Not only do you receive a pre-calibrated and high-quality torque wrench, but you gain a bit set as well. Therefore, you have almost everything you require to carry out roadside maintenance if you desire.
The torque wrench allows you to set a preset of up to 0.1NM, while it comes with a preset lockring as well. Most torque wrenches do not. You can change the preset by turning the handle – it’s as easy as that.
What’s more, the bit set, which is high-quality, will tick all the boxes too. It comes with the most commonly used bits such as for the seat of the bike. Sealing the deal is the lifetime warranty, giving you peace of mind that these are bicycle tools to last the distance.
Another Article: Best Bike Pedals for Mountain Bike Riders
1. Park Tool Premium Rescue Tool
Rather than carrying around a box of bicycle tools everywhere you go, why not invest in a multi-tool that features all those common tools you require for repairs? It’s all too easy to believe you have to carry a cumbersome toolkit. However, building on the success of the Swiss knife, this multi-tool features everything you could need and more.
It comes with drivers, hex wrenches, screwdrivers, a chain tool, tire lever, pedal wrench, a knife, and even a bottle opener. Every possible tool you require for necessary roadside repairs you can find within this one convenient kit. The best part is, it’s affordable and practical for both novices and professionals. There’s every reason to consider adding this kit to your wish list today.
Another Article: Best Comfortable Memory Foam Bike Seats Reviews